About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Jesse. I try to live my life for Christ every single day, but Im only human and I fall down ... a lot. Im not perfect, but the great part about that is the He picks me back up. As you can tell Im a Christian, its really not a religion it a relationship. That is a big part of my life, so when I'm not at church I'm at work or at school, studying to be an Engineer. Thats about all I can think of for now, hope whoever reads this is having a great day!

Followers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Traveling Across Public Art

"People thought I was crazy." Alice Ramsey
Originally I had a piece of public art in mind to take photos on,  until ... I hit the brakes and swerved into a parking lot to take a snap shot of a couple fancy ladies in a car.  Im not sure why but it really caught my eye.  I mean who really paints a mural of a bunch of ladies in a car running over some bushes in the desert. Not until I started taking pictures did I realize that this piece was representational to history.  I guess it takes a description to tell you that, because thats what it took me.  To me it was comical, there is my beautiful Nevada desert and in the midst of it are some dirty ladies in fancy get ups.  Apparently Alice Ramsey, the lady in the drivers seat, was the first woman to drive across that Untied States in an automobile.  When you get a real good look of all the bright and strong colors you can really feel the empowering message painted right on the wall of a bright future towards all women.  This car was placed in the middle of the desert with nothing around, showing that women were just as independent as a men.  Their faces are painted dirty to depict that they traveled across rural areas and got their hands dirty without any male help.  Comical before, but now inspirational. People may have called Alice crazy, but this shows that she was accomplished and made a place for herself in history and in art.       

No comments:

Post a Comment